TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS OF SERVICE
If you browse our website and/or purchase items from us you are agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions. For a contract to exist between us and the customer, we must receive payment in full for the order.
Must agree that all contact, personal and payment details submitted to us are correct and up to date. Must be over 16 and agree that they are not purchasing spectacles on behalf of someone aged under 16. Must not be registered Sight Impaired (Partially Sighted) or Severely Sight Impaired (Blind). Must not have a prescription over 10.00sph/6.00cyl.
Any prescriptions we use must be supplied by a registered Optometrist. The prescription used must have been signed and dated within 2 years of the order. (If over the age of 70 this must be within 1 year) The Eye Place can only rely on the prescription you send us. This must be accurate and we are not liable for any wrongly entered information you give us. We may sometimes request a copy of your prescription to ensure maximum accuracy.
AVAILABILITY AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
We keep a large range of frames and lenses in stock, however, we can’t guarantee we will have all components of your order in stock when the order is placed. If out of stock, delivery times may vary depending on the supplier and current demand for the product. We keep our customers up to date with this information. All products on our website are an accurate as possible representation for the product supplied. Photographs and descriptions on our website may not exactly match the product itself. We do not take any responsibility for any loss or damages incurred if we cannot supply the products.
PRICES AND PAYMENT
Payment must be made at the time of ordering. Items ordered that cannot be supplied will be refunded. Our customers are responsible for making sure all payment details are correct and up to date. All prices displayed on the website theye-place.ca are inclusive of any taxes. All credit card and charged card payment are subject to authorisation by the card holder’s issuer. We do not take any responsibility for delay or non-delivery of products if payment is refused. If there are any discrepancies in the order or payment details regarding the shipping and cardholder address, the order may be subject to additional security checks. You may be asked to provide further proof of identity and The Eye Place reserve the right to refuse payment which has not complied with all necessary security checks. The Eye Place reserve the right to change prices without notice. Any payments made before price changes will not be affected. The Eye Place accepts payments via Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Maestro and PayPal. Promotional codes are only valid whilst displayed on our website. All card payments made through our website are processed securely by Stripe.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
Please see our ‘Returns’ section.
We will always attempt to despatch all orders to the address provided within the time specified by us, however we cannot guarantee that goods will be dispatched by that date. All Purchases are delivered using DPD, Addison Lee, FedEx Royal Mail tracked delivery, and all packages require a signature at the specified address. You will be notified by email at the time your goods are dispatched. The Eye Place cannot be responsible for any extra cost incurred if delivery is unsuccessful due to an incorrect delivery address being provided, or if no one is present to receive the goods, in this case the customer will be charged the cost of redelivery. Once you have received your order, the products are your responsibility and The Eye Place are not liable for any damages or loss incurred. Goods must be inspected at time of delivery, any faults must be reported immediately and must not be used or worn. If a frame or lenses are out of stock, we will contact you with an estimated delivery date.
All our frames come with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty against manufacturer fault only (excluding Black Friday Sale items). Where our lenses are supplied with a manufacturer’s warranty replacement lenses will only be supplied to the original lens specifications. Warranties start from the date of despatch of the order. If the customer has purchased a frame only from The Eye Place, we cannot be held responsible for the fitting of lenses to this frame by another party and this will invalidate the warranty of this frame. OCO shall not be liable to any person for damage or loss that may arise from the use of any products or information provided by our website. It is the customers responsibility to ensure any products supplied by The Eye Place meet their specific requirements. If the goods are damaged in transit we have no liability unless we are informed on the day of delivery. Any problem with the order or its contents must be notified to us within 7 days of receipt of the order.
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE-EYE-PLACE.CO.UK
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read the terms in full before you use this Website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept these terms. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future.
1.1. You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with us. [However, particular areas of this Website may only be accessible only if you have registered.
2.1. You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
2.2. The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
2.3. Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3.1. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore, we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
3.2. This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4.2. When using this website, you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
4.2.1. for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
4.2.2. that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom.
4.2.3. which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
4.3. We will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.
5.1. Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third-party website and have no responsibility for such third-party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third-party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third-party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
5.2. If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
5.2.1. you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
5.2.2. you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
5.2.3. you do not link from a website that is not owned by you and
5.2.4. your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
5.3. If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6.1. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
6.2. The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
7.1. Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
7.2. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Law.
These standard terms and conditions are subject to any other terms and conditions provided to you or to which you are referred at the time of entering the competition.
• Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
• Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of the associated companies of Penguin Holdings Ltd, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
• The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
• Proof of identity and age may be required.
• Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
• All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
• Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
• The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
• The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
• In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by The Eye Place relating to any post-winning publicity.
• Unless stated otherwise all postal entries must be made on the relevant coupon or form printed in the magazine.
• Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
• Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
• Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
• The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
• The Promoter is Eye Place (Spitalfields) Ltd, The Eye Place, 28 Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, London. E1 6QR
• In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
• A list of winners will be available by writing into the website at the Promoter's address no earlier than six weeks (unless otherwise stated) after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.
From time to time we may offer discount codes to our customers, however these codes are never applicable to the following brands: Cutler and Gross, DITA, Claire Goldsmith, Oliver Goldsmith, Oliver Peoples, Starck, Thom Browne and Victoria Beckham.